6.01.2011

Vive la (Fashionable) Voyage

            With a legitimate countdown going (4 days) until this cruise, my little heart is bursting with excitement. Seeing as I've never been out of the country or on a cruise, I was at first perplexed as to what I was supposed to pack. Obviously a swimsuit for snorkeling and other water related activities (#TeamDolphinRiding), but whats an appropriate outfit for shopping in Mexico? Or clubbing in Key West? The fact that I would have to go shopping was a given, but what would I buy when I actually got on that Magnificent Mile or State Street? Clearly couldn't ask my parents, whom although have been on cruises previously, are fashionably negligent (much to my dismay), and friends weren't much help either. So I decided to go straight to the experts for help, and since the Resort collections tend to be my favorite, it was double the benefit. Armed with my inspiration from the collections, I divided and concurred those shopping meccas and produced an outfit for each day of the trip. Being fashionable is always in order so here's to the start of a life time of fashionable trips!                              
                                    Airport Attire: Inspiration: Rachel Zoe, Resort 12'

Comfort is key when in transit. And so is simplicity and layering. Don't even bother wearing lots of jewelry or complicated shoes, cause you're just going to have to take it off once you get to the metal detectors. And its usually freezing on the plane so unless you want to be sneezing, have a runny nose and be sick upon arrival, I suggest you take advantage of your cardis, scarfs, tanks and tees.
                                                        
Monday: Yellow Dress, Inspiration: Alice + Olivia Resort 11', Outfit: Dots Racerback Dress
     





                                              
Inspiration: Jason Wu, Resort 11' 
Outfit: Forever 21, Printed Leaves Dress
                                                          
Wednesday:Maxi Dress, Inspiration: Donna Karen, Resort 11'
Outfit: Falling Feathers Maxi, Forever 21
                                                       
Thursday: Romper
Inspiration: Balenciaga Resort 11'
Outfit: Rose Potpourri Romper, A'Gaci                                                        
Friday: White Mini                                                          
 Inspiration: Chanel Resort 11'



Outfit: Soutache Sundress Dress Charlotte Russe.

No comments:

Post a Comment