5.16.2012

Obssessory Report

        Everybody has their kryptonite. My best friend is a shoe whore, my sister is a bag lady, and my great aunt has an extensive elephant collection. Me personally, my  passion is for accessories. If I was down to my last twenty and had one of those 'I have nothing to wear days', I would still spend my last on rings, earrings or a necklace. At work, my coworkers are always looking forward to what big ring or exotic earrings I'm going to show up in everyday. And customers always take notice.                  
        I see my accessories as a necessary part of getting ready everyday I feel naked if I have none on. The thing I love about them is its a simple way of transforming an entire outfit. A simple necklace or ring can transform day wear to club attire; can take an outfit from outdated to fashion forward. My accessory taste and love for them has grown with me, I went from matchy matchy headbands and bows in high school to a more sophisticated selection of adornment now that I'm vastly nearing the end of my college career. I recently realized my new batch of accessories have been both my gateway into a trend I've been hesitant to explore (prints) and also a reflection of my nomadic childhood and the places I've lived and visited. Guess that's the self - expressionism at its finest. Here are a couple of my new loves for summer time chi:


Earrings. $15. Random Beauty Supply. Can you say #score?!
Reminds me of when I lived in New Mexico and my parents would buy me dream catchers
                                      
Necklace. $7.50, K&G
The stone reminds me of petrified wood from camping in Arizona mountains

Ring. $3.50. Discovery
Has a kind of Aztec feel to it super comfortable and versatile
                                                       
Cross the Shoulder (Satchel) Bag $11. Pay-Half.
My new staple the different colors and prints makes it easy to wear with everything
                                                                                                            

                                                    




No comments:

Post a Comment