5.29.2012

Street Chic

                OK truth moment: I love hip hop music. That ratchet, thugged out heavy bass, make you wanna juke or twerk type music. Its a whole other category from any other genre. It has a whole life and beat and soul of its own. And just as well so do it's artist. But what people seem to occasionally over look is that hip  hop and high fashion are increasingly collaborative fields. A plethora of industry heavy weights have not only worn haute couture but are also producing it (more on that later). So allow me to bring to your attention a couple of chic individuals who deserve a little due credit: 


Soulja Boy: 



                                                    
 I figured I'd start the list off with a surprise =). Soulja is probably the sole reason guys in this generation walk around with what they try to portray as "swag". He has come a long way from his baggy tees and jeans splattered with his name on them. But he still kept a little bit of himself while also demanding his grown and sexy title with the chains. You can take the soulja out of a baggy fit but you cant take 'em out of his chains. Soulja Boy Tell Emmmm!!! 


Ashanti:




                                                         
 I think a lot of people over look Ashanti's amazing style one, because she chooses to be low key and two, because she's like me: sometimes we're lazy and simple but when we do dress up, best believe we show out. She definitely has that sexy vixen thing going on and likes to show off her curves, but why not? If you got it flaunt it! 

T.I:



                                                  
Mr T.I.P Harris! Another gorgeous man with duper threads. He is the epitome of 'street chic' He can be both hood and professional. And he looks delicious in both. His style is a little Scarface and a little Michael Kors. But its all TI. 

Rihanna: 



                                                       
 My second confession is I'm secretly in love with Robyn Rihanna Fenty. Not only is she gorgeous and talented but she has amazing personal style. I probably have every magazine with her on the cover. She has such a dope, modern take on dressing. She is a trendsetter by every sense of the word. I mean who else can make Ronald McDonald red hair and tattoos chic?! The girls just amazing. When I grown up I wanna be a bad bitch like Rihanna. 


Bow Wow: 




Growing up Bow Wow was my dream, he was so gorgeous and talented I would run to the TV every time one of his videos came on. Unfortunately when I grew past him (physically speaking) I lost some of my lust. However, I still occasionally catch a pic or two of him and I must say his twenties fit him nicely. He is a master of less is more and really pays attention to fit and colors. Those combinations make him the prince of dress at least if not the prince of hip hop. 
                                                       
Fergie: 


                                                     
I love Fergie because her sense of style is so varied and wild.She is not afraid of taking risk or standing out. How else would she get noticed in a group of men? She definitely shows off her lady lumps but does it in a non vulgar or suggestive way. She takes any trend but makes it her own and does it in a way most people wouldn't think of. And she has a very "fuck the haters" type of attitude which allows her ultimate creativity with her style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment