5.05.2011

Say Yes to the Dress!

             With dreary skies and rainy days giving way to the blooming flowers and temperatures rising; that indicates nothing else but Spring and vastly approaching Summer. Its wedding season. Wedding Day; one of those fantasies little girls dream of as a child (whether she admits it or not) and whether you marry your prince charming or your best friend (double score if your groom is both); every googly - eyed, love - sprung bride knows it all comes down to the dress.
             With one of my best friends getting married in two weeks and Kate Middleton's face on every fashion and celeb related magazine cover and blog; I would be crazy not to have wedding bells on the brain. Even though I'm no where near close to getting married (and consequently have nothing but toads in my line up), a girl can dream right? So in a far away, imaginary, Brittany- land of cloud 9, if I were to meet my Mr. Perfect tomorrow and he popped a squat on that knee, dress shopping would be my next step.
             It's an old fashion show tradition to show a wedding dress at the end of every collection and even though that trend is only loosely practiced now, many designers still incorporate wedding dresses in their line-up. So here would be my dream come true gowns that I would (hypothetically speaking of course) walk down the aisle to Jagged Edge's 'Let's Get Married' in. *I swear I will post pictures of my friend's wedding as soon as its over

Kate's dream dress, by Alexander McQueen. Well done Kate

My picks:
5. Alexander McQueen, Fall 2011 (made by creative director, Sara Burton)
When I first saw this dress, I thought to myself "I would completely wear that for my wedding". Sure half the guest probably wont get (or care) that its couture and an honor to wear something by the late designer's name. And sure it would probably cost more than the entire wedding and honeymoon. But it would be worth it.

4. Monique Lhuillier Spring/Summer 2011

This dress looks kind of Grecian to me, and because of my fascination with the Greek aesthetic and inspired by Alicia Keys' and Swiss Beats Grecian themed wedding; this dress would be perfect for my Grecian Fantasy. Its classic and simple, but it's beauty speaks for itself.

3. Oleg Cassini Spring 2011 (David's Bridal)

This Dress is so beautiful, The lace detail is amazing. You know it took a long time to make that dress! It almost looks vintage. I could just imagine my daughter seeing it in my wedding picture and her saying it was beautiful and then me showing her in person and she's speechless. Cause its that breathtaking

2. Carolina Herrera Spring/Summer 2011

Now this is a Princess Diaries/ Cinderella/ Bell of the Ball dress all in one. Usually I'm not a fan of the puffy ball gown style. But this dress is to die for. The tucking detail and the texture make it more than just the average puffy dress. And the ivory and cream coloring blends so nice and adds dept to it. Made for a queen.

1. White by Vera Wang (for David's Bridal)

I was sceptical at first (and also excited) when I heard Vera was doing a line for David's Bridal, I didn't see how the queen of bridal wear could make something up to her usual top notch standards in such a lower price range. But I was proven wrong. During a bridesmaid dress fitting a few weeks ago, I walked in David's and immediately bee - lined for this dress. My first thought before I even saw the sign, was "this looks like a Vera".Indeed it was. That was the second time I found myself shedding tears in the name of fashion that day. And for any soon - to - be brides out there (ahem Kristin Cavallari), I believe that's how you know when a dress is "the one". That uncontrollable, immediate, and real emotional reaction. And you'd be crazy if you didn't say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment