4.29.2011

Gettin Jazzy 4 Summer Time Chi

            While the west coast is chillin, waiting on temperatures to reach the 80's and for some states, upper 100s; the Midwest, and parts of the south are dodging tornadoes and floods. Us Chicagoans are looking at cloudy skies and wishin the rain rain would go away. As I battle the tsunami winds of downtown and hope my roots dont show from excess of moisture in the air, my always fashion-forward thinkin mind is daydreaming about my summer wardrobe and preparing for the tail-end of spring (which apparently means the sole month of May for us this year).
           So for those of you along the same hopes and dreams as I, here's my Wish list and Musthaves for Summer/Spring 2011, absorb them, bookmark them, break out daddy's plastic and purchase them. Enjoy =).

The Trends:
1.Sheer - as a borderline Nudist (just kidding) any excuse to wear less fabric is great by me and this trend is taking over everywhere, but it can very easily read trashy so please wear undergarments when embarking on your sheer exploration
2. Colored Lace- even better then just black or white lace. This idea is genius. Its subtle sexy and provocative perfect for anything you wear on a date. Trust me this trend will have him singing 'my girl' by the end of the night ;-)
3. White - probably a result of the neutral trend that's still going strong and wedding season coming up. but either way its acceptable to wear before or after labor day (rules are meant to be broken). So all those who have no other reason to wear an all white dress, here's your chancel.
4. 70's fashion - although the 80's is still slowly but sure dying off, this decade along with the boho chic trend is taking over. Tap into your inner hippie with some fringe, skinny braids, and maxed out hemlines.
5. Orange - possibly hard for some skin tones to pull off, but luckily just like there's a mate for everyone there's a shade for everyone and summer is the most appropriate time to wear it without gettin crazy second looks.

The Accessories:
1. Ray - Bans Sunglasses

While I am a fan and dedicated consumer of the classic aviator glasses, I cant help but want to give these a try, if styled just right, I feel like these can be the perfect accessory for a day out on the town with the girls. (Aldo)
2. Chain Necklace

All of a sudden I'm seeing people everywhere with them. Char on Bad Girls Club was one of the 1st places I saw one. I've been on a mission for one ever since then. This one is from Top Shop which (for my fellow Chicagoans) they're building one downtown on Michigan across from water tower. Due to open this fall
3. Wedges

They make everyones legs look longer. I'm completely obsessed with them. These are from Akira of course, best shoes for reasonable budget (in case u didn't know)
4. Neon Colored Nails

Whether they're long and acrylic, or natural and rounded or bitten to the nub, summertime and crazy colored or designed nails are a must. I'm currently obsessed with this color from Sally's Fingerpaints collection
5. Obnoxious Ring


I was never really a fan of this piece of jewelry but recently one of my besties put me on to the joy of accessorizing your digits, and now I just cant get enough. This one is from LULUS.com (i happen to have a thing for hearts) and this can be dressed up or down


The Clothes (Duh):
1. Corset Top

For those of you like me who are lacking in the decollage area, weep no more corsets, or bustiers whichever you prefer, are our friends. They make you look like you got racks on racks on racks ;-). This denim one is from A'gaci
2. A graphic print romper

I love these, you can find them everywhere, they're so versatile. You can wear them on a date, out shopping, or a nice BBQ. This is on my A'Gaci wish list as well.
3. Crop Top

Yes they're very 90's but hey, I'm a 90's baby! There's something so freeing about the way these shirts are cut thats copes well with sticky Chicago summer. This staple tee can be paired with any thing, its pretty cheap to from Forever 21
4.  Print Mini Dress

Perfect for those nights you wanna hit the club with your girls, This is from Eric Daman's dress collection for Charlotte Russe .
5. A cute "grown n sexy" swimsuit
This one is from Torrid. I been had my eye on it and dreaming of me in it every night since i saw it. Its perfect for my cruise ill be going on in June. Don't you think this is very Florida Keys - Esq? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment