4.11.2011

And the Aesthetic Value Awards for Best Styled Show Goes to....

During a recent industry/ Q&A type session I attended at the School of Art Institute (courtesy of Columbia Fashion Secretary), I met one of my role models/obsession Eric Daman, who (for those of you who live under a rock) is the former stylist for Sex and The City (the TV show). Which he happened to have won an Emmy for. He is the current stylist for the TV show Gossip Girl. Being the extreme TV addict and aspiring stylist that I am, I am always googling over the clothes that the characters in my weekly obsessions wear. Sure the plot and the actors make the show for most people, but for me, its all about the clothes. So in honor of my freakishly backwards obsession, and in an another attempt in my constant effort to bring forth the aesthetic value of fashion in all things in life, I present to you my top pics for the best styled (scripted) shows on TV right now. Enjoy. =).
(me and Eric)


1. Gossip Girl
I mean come on, that's a given. No other scripted show besides maybe SATC has sold out single items, and sparked nation sweeping trends, like this one.I mean even fashion designer/style icon Victoria Beckham said it was one of the "best styled shows on television". I know i had my Blair Waldorf headband moment in high school. #disclaimer notice how I said high school if you are in college that trend is now old and should be obsolete from your wardrobe, move on and let your little sister have the sparkely bow.




2. Pretty Little Liars
One of the only reasons I even know what channel ABC Family is for AT&T. The fashion is so on trend and Bananas in this show, I cant even pinpoint who's style i like the most. Every week i drool over Hanna's sophisticated feminine style just as much as I die for Spencer's preppy jackets and Aria's Taylor Swift Esq dresses, boots, and modern boho aesthetic.






3. 90210
Even though I'm not really a fan of typical California girl style, I am an advent junky for Beverly Hills style. I gotta go with Ade or Naomi as my favorite characters based on dress. But they all always look cute, those are some bad bitches. Even the guys are always dressed to a tee.*One of my main goals in life is to teach my children the importance of style and personal appearance don't be surprised if in 30 odd years you peep little Dixons and Naomis that strangely look like me running around this area code, killing the dress game like them. LBVS




No comments:

Post a Comment