4.17.2011

Top 5 Fashionistas

              Being that I am a fashionably conscious individual myself and granted that I have an intense respect and appreciation for beautiful clothes mixed with the fact that I'm not a hater by any means I would like to pay tribute to those who have mastered the complicated balance of hair, makeup, accessories, appropriateness, and clothes. These individuals are in my opinion the top fashionistas with amazing personal style in Hollywood right now.
6. Leighten Meester.
Clearly all that time she spent on Gossip Girl and all those photo shoots shes been on has impacted her personal style. The girl can dress. She doesn't necessarily have one set style but whatever she wears is usually always perfect color, proportion, cut and detailed to fit her. She takes lots of risks (the bang, the tuxedo at an awards show) which I completely appreciate, and which I think every woman should, especially in her early twenties.




5. Lauren Conrad.
Being that I'm an advent fan of hers in general; one thing I did pick up on, beyond her delicious choice in men (albeit not of quality) and her friend drama and her ability to only shed one perfect mascaraed tear (just kidding) is her fashion sense. From watching her on Laguna Beach to watching her on the Hills, I noticed her style has definitely changed and for the better. From flip flops to pretty much exclusively heels, from tank tops to cocktail dresses and rompers she has definitely grown into a very grown up style. She has a degree from one of the top fashion colleges in the nation (FIDM) and her studies of fashion definitely shows.




4. Kim Kardashian
Probably surprised to see her on this list huh? Little known fact before she got famous for leaking a sex tape, before her whole family made E TV sky rocket in views, and before she opened 3 boutiques, she was actually a celebrity stylist. So obviously the girl knowns how to dress. In my previous post when I mentioned watching some TV shows mainly because of the clothes, Keeping Up with the Kardashians & Kim & Kourtney Take NY was some of them. She has this very sexy yet classic style she pretty much stays true too. Clearly black and red and animal print are among her staple items and they work for her. My guess? She probably also has a personal tailor cause the fit is usually impeccably too. All the Kardashians dress cute in my opinion but Kim definitely sticks out.




3. Nicole Richie
I was never really a fan of the boho style before her but she definitely sold me on it. Even though her style seems to always be going through a metamorphosis the basis of it remains modern bohemian with a touch of basics and emphasis on accessories. Any new trend in accessories, fringe, huge glasses, hobo bags, bangles, hug cocktail rings; she embraces with class and sophistication. I guess its fairly easy to be on trend when you're 5'1" and 100 pounds, but what she lacks in dimensions she definitely compensates for in aesthetic value and personal style. I must say I'm not really a fan of her clothing line Winter Kate, but I am a fan of House of Harlow 1960 and her own style, (which much I'm sure is thanks to her personal stylist and friend Rachel Zoe).




2. Kate Hudson.
Another fan of the bohemian chic style. She also understands the beauty in classics and simplicity. Not only is she gorgeous herself but her style is bananas. Definitely not one to be labeled that "frumpy mom" style if i could be the cool hot mom like her when i have kids, that would be enough for me. I also like that her hair pretty much stays the same (wavy and down), and her makeup is usually natural and consistent. But the mix of American classics and 70's revolutionized is the perfect medley of a conscious style star. And clearly I am not the only one who agrees seeing as shes been on People Style Watch cover at least 3 times.




1. And now, for the BADDEST bitch of them all. My most favorite fashionista......Zoe Saldana.
I swear to you this woman can do no wrong. Its like her life model is "See no evil, Speak no evil, Wear no evil". I'm pretty confident in saying shes never been on the worst dressed list. Shes what the retail industry calls a "category killer". Across the board she just kills it, evening wear, couture, even pictures of her just out and about she looks better than most people on a good day. Idk if she uses a stylist or not but either way she's KILLING THE GAME. Sometimes when I see one of her outfits I literally have no words for how perfectly styled she is. Shes definitely #winning. & #thatisall.



No comments:

Post a Comment